- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup wild rice
- 1/2 cup regular barley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, snipped dried apricots, dried tart cherries and/or currants
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Rinse wild rice with cold water; drain. In a large saucepan, cook and stir rice and barley in hot butter over medium heat for 3 minutes. Carefully add broth; bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until rice and barley are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- 2. Stir dried fruit into the rice mixture; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in almonds before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More