- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup Sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 6-ounce packages wild rice, rinsed, drained
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 pound carrots, peeled, cut diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds crimini mushrooms
- 3 large red bell peppers, quartered
- 1 large red onion, cut into 6 wedges
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Cook rice in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, adding more water as needed, about 1 hour; drain well. 3. Place in large bowl. Add half of vinaigrette to warm rice; toss to coat.
- 3. Position racks in bottom third and top third of oven and preheat to 425°F. Spray 2 large baking sheets with nonstick spray. Toss carrots with 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil in medium bowl to coat; sprinkle with salt. Transfer to 1 prepared baking sheet. Toss mushrooms with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in medium bowl to coat; sprinkle with salt. Transfer to second prepared baking sheet. Roast carrots and mushrooms until brown and tender, stirring twice, about 30 minutes. Transfer to large bowl and cool.
- 4. Spray same sheets with nonstick spray. Toss peppers with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in medium bowl to coat; sprinkle with salt. Transfer to 1 prepared sheet. Place onion wedges, rounded side down, on second sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with salt. Roast peppers and onions until brown and tender, about 30 minutes. Cool.
- 5. Cut all vegetables into 3/4-inch pieces. Transfer to bowl with rice. Add remaining vinaigrette and toss to coat. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
Sailstad Family Cookbook
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Broccoli/Bacon/Onion Salad LOW CARB
High-Protein Honey Wheat Bread
Sticky Pecan & Prune Pre-Workout BarsSee More