- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups brown rice, uncooked
- 1 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 1-1/2 cups barley, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- n a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix well. Store in an airtight container (keeps forever!). Makes 10 cups.
- To cook:
- Wild Rice Pilaf
- 1 cup Wild Rice Pilaf Mix, uncooked
- 2-1/4 cups water
- In a saucepan combine rice mix and water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until rice and barley are tender.
NotesThis makes a large "batch" of pilaf mix. Its nice to have on hand instead of buying those rice in a box mixes. I found the recipe in a book called Eat Well - Live Well by Pamela Smith.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Pizzoccheri Alla Valtellinesi
Summer Focaccia Basil SaladSee More