- Cooking Time: 1 to 1 1/2 Hrs.
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30 Min.
- Wild Rice Salad:
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice
- 2 ears corn
- 1 asparagus, diced
- 1 fennel, diced
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- Cumin-Hemp Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 cup hemp oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Cook wild rice in salted water over medium low heat for about 1 hour. Wild rice is properly cooked when the rice grains begin to burst.
- 2. Separately, place fennel, asparagus and corn in salted water. Cook until tender and then place in ice bath. Remove corn from cob. Combine with diced fennel and asparagus.
- 3. Oil and season red pepper. Place on open flame and allow the skin to bubble and burn on all sides.
- Place in bowl and cover with plastic wrap to allow the pepper to steam. After 20 minutes, peel skin away
- and discard. Dice pepper and mix together with other vegetables.
- 4. Combine rice vinegar, agave, cumin in a blender. Slowly add hemp oil and allow to emulsify.
- 5. Mix vinaigrette with rice-vegetable mixture. Serve room temperature.
NotesThis is a Great dish that goes with Fish!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
Fun appetizers and snacks
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More