- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (2.5 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 3/4 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine broth, salt, pepper, onion and mushrooms in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil and add wild and brown rices. Boil for 1 minute; reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Garnish with parsley
- Makes 6 1/2 cup servings
- My note: I think I'd use fresh mushrooms and maybe saute the onions and mushrooms a bit before adding the broth, salt and pepper.
NotesRecipe is from Pamela Smith's Eat Well - Live Well cookbook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More