- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (2.5 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 3/4 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine broth, salt, pepper, onion and mushrooms in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil and add wild and brown rices. Boil for 1 minute; reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Garnish with parsley
- Makes 6 1/2 cup servings
- My note: I think I'd use fresh mushrooms and maybe saute the onions and mushrooms a bit before adding the broth, salt and pepper.
NotesRecipe is from Pamela Smith's Eat Well - Live Well cookbook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More