- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 3 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup apple juice
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup golden raisings
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Rinse wild rice in fine strainer under cold running water. Drain and set aside.
- Combine wild rice, 1 1/2 cups chicken broth and apple juice in 2 quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer covered for about 1 hour or until rice is tender. Drain; set aside.
- Combine white rice and remaining 1 1/2 cups broth in separate 2 quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 12-15 minutes.
- Stir in raisins, apricots and cranberries, simmer 5 minutes or until rice is tender and fluffy and liquid is absorbed. Reove from heat. Let stand covered for 5 minutes or until fruit is tender. Set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5-6 minutes until tender. Stir in pecans. Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add wild rice and white rice mixtures to skillet. Stir in parsley, cook and stir over medium heat about 2 minutes or until heated through.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More