- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon melted shortening
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- Combine sugar, sage, salt, baking soda and flour. Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water. Beat egg and cottage cheese together until smooth. Add melted shortening and yeast. Add flour mixture slowly to egg mixture, beating well after each addition until a stiff dough is formed. Cover dough with cloth and put in warm place until double in bulk (about 1 hour). Punch dough down, knead for one minute and place in well-greased pan. Cover and let rise for 40 minutes.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 50 minutes. Brush top with melted shortening and sprinkle with crushed, roasted pine nuts or coarse salt.
- You must SAVE this recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More