WILD SUMMER SAUSAGE
- 2 lbs of meat (moose, elk, deer, caribou)
- 2 Tablespoons of tender quick salt
- 1 Tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 Tablespoon mustard seed
- 1/4 Tablespoon salt
- 1/4 Tablespoon pepper
- 1/4 Tablespoon garlic salt
- 1/4 Tablespoon of onion powder or onion salt
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Cup of water
Mix all ingredients.
Roll into two/three rolls and refrigerate a min of 24 hours.
Ensure you have a pan on the bottom shelf to catch the fluids that will drain out.
Place the rolls on the rack in an oven heated to 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour. Y
ou can also wrap the rolls in allum. foil.
Punch holes in the foil to allow the fluids to escape (the foil will make softer casings).