- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted, plus extra butter for greasing pan
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (16-ounce) box light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk, scalded
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (10.5 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cocoa and the melted butter. Add the eggs, flour, granulated sugar, salt, and vanilla. Beat well with a hand-held electric mixer. Add nuts, stirring with a rubber spatula. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 35 minutes.
- While cake is baking, prepare the frosting. Beat the brown sugar and butter. Add the cocoa and beat. Stir in the scalded milk and vanilla together in a mixing bowl and beat with the hand-held mixer until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and pour the marshmallows over the cake while it is still hot. Pour the frosting over the marshmallows. Let cool slightly before cutting into pieces.
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
DIY Tasty Gift IdeasSee More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More