- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 bunch of kale, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 slices of bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 shallot, diced
- Salt & pepper
- 1.) Fry the bacon in a large saute pan until not-quite crispy.
- 2.) Saute the shallots with bacon.
- 3.) While the shallots are cooking, wash the kale under cold water. Do not dry them. The water that clings to it will help them to wilt as they cook.
- 4.) Add the kale to the bacon and shallots. Put a lid on the pan, and let the kale wilt for 5-7 minutes.
- 5.) Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- This dish is fantastic served with cornbread and black-eyed peas or herbed navy beans. Yum!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More