- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium head lettuce, room temperature, chopped (I used romaine lettuce)
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- Fry bacon and remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel. Save bacon grease in the skillet.
- Add water, sugar, salt and pepper to the bacon grease and bring to a boil. Boil 5 minutes. Add vinegar, mixing well and cool mixture slightly.
- When ready to serve, add chopped lettuce, green onions and bacon to skillet and mix well with the dressing.
- Serve immediately.
NotesMy hubby loves this stuff and he finally got me to make it for him! Not bad, I must say since I don't like vinegar but I really liked this! This is my MIL recipe and it was very easy to make! Nice crunchy bacon with a bacon-y taste throughout! The romaine lettuce worked well in this and the crunch of the green onions were perfect! I'm guessing the cider vinegar was much better than plain old vinegar! I had apple cider vinegar on hand so that is what I used! I cooked everything in my cast iron skillet and it turned out perfect! My hubby was one happy camper! Me too!
I have read on different websites that hard boiled eggs are also good in this and I bet it would be delicious! Hubby said NO WAY!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean pasteSee More