- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 ounces finely chopped almonds
- 3 drops almond extract
- 1 tsp melted shortening
- 1 pint white wine
- 1 pint water
- 1 small stick cinnamon
- 1 thin slice fresh ginger
- 1-2 whole cloves
- Rind of 1 lemon...rough chop
- 2 T sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- Beat egg white.
- Add sugar gradually, beating constantly.
- Add almonds, extract and shortening - mix well.
- Cover cookie sheet with Reynolds parchment paper.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto parchment.
- Bake at 275' for 30-45 minutes.
- Combine first 7 ingredients, mix well and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Disolve cornstarch in 1 T water and add to wine.
- Bring to boil and remove from heat.
- Temper eggs and add to wine, mixing thoroughly.
- To serve, place 2-3 macaroons in bowl and pour soup over them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More