- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 ounces finely chopped almonds
- 3 drops almond extract
- 1 tsp melted shortening
- 1 pint white wine
- 1 pint water
- 1 small stick cinnamon
- 1 thin slice fresh ginger
- 1-2 whole cloves
- Rind of 1 lemon...rough chop
- 2 T sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- Beat egg white.
- Add sugar gradually, beating constantly.
- Add almonds, extract and shortening - mix well.
- Cover cookie sheet with Reynolds parchment paper.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto parchment.
- Bake at 275' for 30-45 minutes.
- Combine first 7 ingredients, mix well and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Disolve cornstarch in 1 T water and add to wine.
- Bring to boil and remove from heat.
- Temper eggs and add to wine, mixing thoroughly.
- To serve, place 2-3 macaroons in bowl and pour soup over them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The Social Cookbook
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
One Bowl Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Garam Masala Cream Soup
Crustless Mini QuichesSee More