- Cooking Time: 25 mintes
- Servings: 750ml
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1kg cooking apples, washed and chopped
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups red wine
- 25g commercial pectin powder
- Combine apples, lemon juice and water in a saucepan and cook gently until apples are soft. Strain though a colander, then pour the resulting juice through a muslin - lined sieve. Transfer to a clean saucepan and add wine and pectin powder. For each cup of liquid, add 1 cup of sugar. Bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Boil briskly for 10 minutes, then pour into warm sterillised bottles and seal. Eat immediately or store in a cool, dry and dark place for up to 18 months.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More