- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI asked my Stepmother, Dianne Tiboni for this great recipe and she said she got it from Carol Adams 11/2003.
- 1/2 cup sugar (I cut the sugar in half, so 1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons onion-red (or whatever is on hand)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 8-12 oz Field greens (original calls for 1 large head of Romaine, or the packaged kind)
- 4 ounces shredded cheese (Swiss or cheddar)
- 1 cup broken cashews (or walnuts or whatever you prefer)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 apple, cubed
- 1 pear, cubed
- To make a meal out if it, I added chicken breast
- In a blender, combine sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard, and salt. Add oil slowly and continue processing until thick. CHILL THIS FOR SEVERAL HOURS OR OVERNIGHT BEFORE USING.
- Mix the salad ingredients and add the dressing when ready to serve.