WINTER FRUIT SALAD
- 1/2 cup sugar (I cut the sugar in half, so 1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons onion-red (or whatever is on hand)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 8-12 oz Field greens (original calls for 1 large head of Romaine, or the packaged kind)
- 4 ounces shredded cheese (Swiss or cheddar)
- 1 cup broken cashews (or walnuts or whatever you prefer)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 apple, cubed
- 1 pear, cubed
- To make a meal out if it, I added chicken breast
In a blender, combine sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard, and salt. Add oil slowly and continue processing until thick. CHILL THIS FOR SEVERAL HOURS OR OVERNIGHT BEFORE USING.
Mix the salad ingredients and add the dressing when ready to serve.