- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup sugar (I cut the sugar in half, so 1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons onion-red (or whatever is on hand)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 8-12 oz Field greens (original calls for 1 large head of Romaine, or the packaged kind)
- 4 ounces shredded cheese (Swiss or cheddar)
- 1 cup broken cashews (or walnuts or whatever you prefer)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 apple, cubed
- 1 pear, cubed
- To make a meal out if it, I added chicken breast
- In a blender, combine sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard, and salt. Add oil slowly and continue processing until thick. CHILL THIS FOR SEVERAL HOURS OR OVERNIGHT BEFORE USING.
- Mix the salad ingredients and add the dressing when ready to serve.
NotesI asked my Stepmother, Dianne Tiboni for this great recipe and she said she got it from Carol Adams 11/2003.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More