- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 lb butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2" chunks
- 2 medium Yukon gold potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 sage leaves
- 2 stems rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large suacepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and saute until onion is transparent, about five minutes. Add butternut squash, potato, chicken stock and water. Tie together sage, rosemary, and bay leaf with kitchen twine and add to pot. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 15 minutes, or until squash and potato are tender.
- Remove from heat and process in batches in a food processor or blender until smooth. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
NotesI love to curl up on the couch with a bowl of this soup and savor its rich, silky texture. The best part is, it is very healthy, as butternut squash is high in fiber, vitamin A, beta carotine and Vitamin C. And there is absolutely NO cream in this soup. Just butternut squash, garlic, onions, sage, rosemary, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More