- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 600ml water (or fish stock)
- 450g smoked haddock
- 600ml full cream milk
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn (225g)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley or chives
- 1) Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat, then add onion and fry gently until transparent. Cook for about 5 minutes but do not allow to brown.
- 2) Add potatoes and water and bring to boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 3) Meanwhile in another pan, cover the haddock with the milk and cook gently for about five minutes until just tender. Remove from the milk and, when cool enough to touch, flake gently into large pieces, removing bones.
- 4) Add milk and flaked fish to saucepan containing potatoes and other ingredients and cook for a further 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- 5) Add sweetcorn and stir.
- 6)Serve with crusty bread and butter.
NotesMy favourite winter warmer. Smoked haddock is a staple in my freezer and all the other ingredients are always to hand, so it is a great, satisfying soup to cook when I don't want to go to the shops.
I often use semi-skimmed milk and cream instead of full fat milk.
All the family love it!
Submitted by: "Sue Webster"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking for a Cure
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Short & SweetSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More