- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups fat
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup cracked hominy or cracked wheat
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup wild bird food
- Melt the fat and peanut butter together in a double boiler, or over low heat.
- Add in everything else and mix well.
- Place on Reynolds Parchment paper and form into a log about 2-3” round.
- Roll up in parchment, twist the ends to seal.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Slice into 8-10 slices (use a serrated knife)
- Freeze on a cookie sheet and store in a container in the freezer.
NotesI save the fat from bacon, chicken and beef broth each time I make them.
It sits in containers in the freezer till I need it for cooking or these treats.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More