- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups fat
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup cracked hominy or cracked wheat
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup wild bird food
- Melt the fat and peanut butter together in a double boiler, or over low heat.
- Add in everything else and mix well.
- Place on Reynolds Parchment paper and form into a log about 2-3” round.
- Roll up in parchment, twist the ends to seal.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Slice into 8-10 slices (use a serrated knife)
- Freeze on a cookie sheet and store in a container in the freezer.
NotesI save the fat from bacon, chicken and beef broth each time I make them.
It sits in containers in the freezer till I need it for cooking or these treats.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More