- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup French roast or Espresso coffee grounds, pulverized
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8"x8" baking pan with canola cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. In a separate, medium-size bowl, mix together oil, applesauce, vanilla, egg, and egg whites.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients to wet ingredients until well combined. Pour into baking pan and bake for 20 minutes or until sides pull away from edge of pan. Cool in pan and cut into squares. Makes 16 brownies.
- Serve these individually with a warmed (in the microwave) caramel sauce (for instance, from the ice cream topping aisle of your store) and your family and/or guests will think you've slaved all day!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Cooking with Sabra
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More