WITCH'S CRISPY HAT
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes + cooling
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 8 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 12 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 ice cream sugar cone
- 4 sour apple Laffy Taffy candies
- 4 grape Laffy Taffy candies
1. In a Dutch oven, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted and blended. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal. Press 4 cups into a greased 9-in. round pan and remaining mixture into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan; cool.
2. In a large saucepan, combine confectioners' sugar and cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate until melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool until mixture is thickened, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in chocolate mixture until blended. Cover and refrigerate up to 30 minutes.
4. To assemble hat, cut six circles out of cereal mixture in the 15-in. x 1-in. pan using 5-1/2-in., 5-in., 4-1/2-in., 4-in., 3-in. and 2-in. round cookie cutters (save remaining mixture for another use). Remove cereal mixture from 9-in. pan and place onto a serving platter. Top with remaining circles, stacking from large to small. Top with sugar cone. Spread with frosting.
5.Unwrap and microwave apple candies on high for 10-20 seconds or until softened. Roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 3-in. moon- and a 1-1/2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter. Repeat with grape candies. Press moons and stars onto hat. Refrigerate leftovers.