- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (half of a 17.3 oz package)
- 1 (8-oz) wheel of Brie
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp water
- Kumquats and clusters of grapes, for garnish
- Defrost sheet of puff pastry at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Unfold pastry.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Center Brie on pastry sheet.
- Spread jam over cheese.
- Sprinkle evenly with almonds.
- Bring corners of sheet together above Brie and twist gently to form a bundle.
- Tie gathered pastry at neck with kitchen twine.
- Chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Beat egg with water.
- Place Witch's Purse on a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush lightly with beaten egg .
- Bake until pastry is golden all over, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place on a platter garnished with fresh kumquats and grapes, if desired.
- Let sit 10 to 15 minutes before serving; let guests cut wedges.