- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C. Butter
- 1 C. Confectioners Icing Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 3/4 C. Flour ( a Tablespoon or more at higher elevations)
- Several tubes of clear red icing gel
- Whole Baking almonds with skin on
- Preheat oven to 325*
- Cream butter and sugar
- Mix in egg
- Combine baking powder, salt and flour and add about 1 cup at a time to butter mixture until everything is combined.
- Chill dough in fridge for about 1 hour
- Once chilled, shape dough into witches fingers and place on baking sheet
- Place almond as finger nail on each cookie
- Bake at 325* for 20 minutes
- Keep dough in fridge between shaping/baking times so it doesn't get too soft
- When cookies cool, remove almond nails one at a time, place red gel under nail and refasten.
NotesThis is a traditional Halloween cookie my Mom makes every October. These spooky shortbread cookies are not only great looking, but great tasting too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More