- Cooking Time: 10-15
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2-1/4 cups Self-Rising Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and/or bananas
- In small saucepan, blend together sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Mix in water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook 5 minutes, or until clean and thickened.
- Remove from heat; pour slowly into beaten egg, stirring constantly. Return to heat; cook about 1 minute longer. Stir in lemon juice, lemon peel and butter. Cool.
- Heat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl. Add milk, butter and vanilla; blend well. Add flour and sugar, stir just until blended.
- For each waffle, pour batter into hot waffle iron. Bake until steaming stops and waffle is golden brown. Top waffles with fruit and lemon sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More