- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryHere we call them groundhogs, but parts call them woodchucks, but it is the same critter. Good eatin'!
- 1 groundhog skinned and cleaned
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/4 cup green pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups broth
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon fat
- 1/4 cup milk
- Cut groundhog into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Parboil for 1 hour.
- Remove meat from bones in large pieces. Add onion, green pepper, parsley, salt, pepper, and flour to the broth and srit until it thickens.
- If the broth does not measure 3 cups, add water.
- Add the meat to the broth mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Pour into baking dish.
- For biscuits:
- sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. Cut in the fat and add the liquid.
- Stir until the dry ingredients are moist.
- Roll only enough to make it fit the dish.
- Place dough on top of meat, put in a hot oven (400 degrees F.) and bake 30 to 40 minutes or until dough is browned.
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Delicious Bahamian Recipes
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More