- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 groundhog skinned and cleaned
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/4 cup green pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups broth
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon fat
- 1/4 cup milk
- Cut groundhog into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Parboil for 1 hour.
- Remove meat from bones in large pieces. Add onion, green pepper, parsley, salt, pepper, and flour to the broth and srit until it thickens.
- If the broth does not measure 3 cups, add water.
- Add the meat to the broth mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Pour into baking dish.
- For biscuits:
- sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. Cut in the fat and add the liquid.
- Stir until the dry ingredients are moist.
- Roll only enough to make it fit the dish.
- Place dough on top of meat, put in a hot oven (400 degrees F.) and bake 30 to 40 minutes or until dough is browned.
NotesHere we call them groundhogs, but parts call them woodchucks, but it is the same critter. Good eatin'!
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Veggie breakfast burritos, ready to eat
Santa Fe ChiliSee More