- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 14-ounce bag Kraft brand caramels
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup (half a stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, toasted pecans (reserve some whole pecans for top)
- 1 deep dish 9 or 10 inch unbaked pie shell
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Unwrap exactly 36 caramels, save rest for another use.
- In a heavy, medium-sized saucepan, melt 36 caramels, water and butter together over medium-low heat, stirring often until smooth. Remove from heat. In a separate bowl, mix sugar, eggs, salt and vanilla and stir until well combined. Pour egg mixture into caramel mixture, stirring quickly and constantly so eggs don't scramble, until well blended. Stir in chopped nuts and pour into prepared pie shell. Place the reserved pecan halves decoratively on top of the pie.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a knife tip comes out clean when inserted near the center. Remove from oven and cool on a rack. It is best served
- just slightly warm, or at room temperature.
- Notes: To toast pecans, spread raw pecans on a baking sheet and bake in a 325 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes, watching closely so they don't scorch. Remove from oven and cool before using.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More