- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThese are my "wow them" never fail, it doesn't get better, chocolate chip cookies. There is no better recipe out there. Honestly. There just isn't. I wish I had the bragging rights to these but the kudos goes to Nestle. THANK YOU NESTLE. We make these again and again. And so should you.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips (try using the milk chocolate variety)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I actually prefer leaving these out)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375.
- 2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- 3. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- 4. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8 - 9 minutes. Cookies will be soft and may seem under-cooked once coming out of the oven. Allow them to set for 5-10 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a plate to finish cooling. Removing the cookie while still partly soft ensures a soft and chewy cookie once cooled down. There is an art to this..make enough cookies and you will get the hang of it.