- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips (try using the milk chocolate variety)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I actually prefer leaving these out)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375.
- 2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- 3. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- 4. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8 - 9 minutes. Cookies will be soft and may seem under-cooked once coming out of the oven. Allow them to set for 5-10 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a plate to finish cooling. Removing the cookie while still partly soft ensures a soft and chewy cookie once cooled down. There is an art to this..make enough cookies and you will get the hang of it.
NotesThese are my "wow them" never fail, it doesn't get better, chocolate chip cookies. There is no better recipe out there. Honestly. There just isn't. I wish I had the bragging rights to these but the kudos goes to Nestle. THANK YOU NESTLE. We make these again and again. And so should you.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More