- Cooking Time: 300
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryThe easiest dinner ever !!! Also, it makes the house smell yummy all afternoon. My favorite thing to cook on a cold rainy Sunday . . .
- 1 5 to 7 lb chicken
- 3-4 small lemons
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 cups of water
- Prehet the oven to 300 degrees
- Remove the giblets and excess fat from the chicken cavity..
- Rinse the chicken, inside and out, in cold water and dry it thoroughly with paper towels.
- Roll the lemons on a countertop to soften them.
- Pierce the lemons with a fork or toothpick 10-20 times per lemon.
- In a small bowl, use a spoon to mix together the salt, paprika and garlic.
- Add some olive oil to make a paste.
- Rub half the paste inside the chicken cavity.
- Then shove in as many of the lemons as will fit.
- Rub the rest of the paste all over the outside of the chicken.
- Place the chicken on top of a greased broiler pan.
- Pour the water in the bottom of the pan
- Bake the chicken for 45 to 60 minutes per pound.
- Add baking potatoes after 2 hours.
- As the water in the pan evaporates, add more.
- Take the lemons out before you bring the chicken to the table
- Serve the chicken with pan juices and twice baked potatoes.