- Cooking Time: 300
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 5 to 7 lb chicken
- 3-4 small lemons
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 cups of water
- Prehet the oven to 300 degrees
- Remove the giblets and excess fat from the chicken cavity..
- Rinse the chicken, inside and out, in cold water and dry it thoroughly with paper towels.
- Roll the lemons on a countertop to soften them.
- Pierce the lemons with a fork or toothpick 10-20 times per lemon.
- In a small bowl, use a spoon to mix together the salt, paprika and garlic.
- Add some olive oil to make a paste.
- Rub half the paste inside the chicken cavity.
- Then shove in as many of the lemons as will fit.
- Rub the rest of the paste all over the outside of the chicken.
- Place the chicken on top of a greased broiler pan.
- Pour the water in the bottom of the pan
- Bake the chicken for 45 to 60 minutes per pound.
- Add baking potatoes after 2 hours.
- As the water in the pan evaporates, add more.
- Take the lemons out before you bring the chicken to the table
- Serve the chicken with pan juices and twice baked potatoes.
NotesThe easiest dinner ever !!! Also, it makes the house smell yummy all afternoon. My favorite thing to cook on a cold rainy Sunday . . .
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More