1 pkg. Bacon
½ c. Brown sugar
3 drops of Yellow food coloring (mixed with ¼ c. water)
1. Cut 1 strip of bacon into small strips.
2. Lay remaining strips of bacon on a rack over a cookie sheet.
3. Put worms on the bacon (small strips of bacon)
4. Put bugs on the bacon by sprinkling the brown sugar all over the bacon.
5. Use a pastry brush to brush on the yellow food coloring/water mix. Color all the white parts of the bacon.
6. Cook in an oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
Pairs Well With
Bacon is really good and I turned it into something delicious and fun looking. The bacon on the Oregon Trail was good most of the time but when it got yellow it was wormy and yucky and sometimes they had to throw it on the side of the trail. The piles looked like pyramids of bacon! In my recipe, I cut little chunks of other bacon and stuck them on the strips of bacon to look like worms. I also used yellow food coloring mixed with water (a little bit) to make it look like the bad fat.