- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 whole sleeve of celery,
- 2-3 large spanish onions
- 4-5 large carrots
- 2 large zucchini
- 1/2 package frozen petite green beans
- 2 Tbs. olive or cannola oil
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 c. beef soup base (or bouillon cubes, 6-8)
- salt, pepper, basil to taste
- In a 12 quart stock pot, heat oil until hot. Add celery, spanish onions, carrots (all cut in medium dice). Cover and steam over medium heat until tender (approximately 20 minutes or so). If the vegetables seem too dry, add some hot water to the pot to keep them from scorching. Dice and add zucchini. Season vegetables with salt and pepper (not too much salt, the soup base has sodium) Add tomato paste and stir into vegetables. Cook 1-2 minutes. Add diced tomatoes and frozen (or fresh) grean beans. Fill the pot with water and add soup base. Cover and cook for another half hour. Season to taste. You may have to add more soup base/bouillon or seasonings once the soup is finished so it is to your taste.
- I like to add Penzey's salt-free Mural of Spices to the pot. It gives the soup a nice flavor.
- We serve the soup with just freshly grated cheese, and count the points for that. It's also good served with 1/2 cup of rice or small pasta but be sure to count those points also.
NotesThis is my variation on the WW soup. I make this in a large stock pot (10-12 quarts) and usually have to make 2 pots a week when we're really following the program. We try to eat a large bowl for lunch with a light sandwich, and have another bowl before dinner to help curb the tendency to overeat at that meal. You can replace any veggies you don't like with those that you do and increase or decrease as you'd like. I'm not a fan of frozen vegetables, but the premium brand green beans are terrific for this soup.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More