- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced into strips
- 2 medium ripe red tomatoes, quatered
- 2 tbsp butter
- lemon juice
- warm tortillas or flat bread
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Sautee onion and tomato in butter until tomatoes start to turn yellow.
- Put tomato and onion in a bowl and set aside.
- In same pan, cook scrambled eggs, stirring regularly to keep them fluffy.
- When eggs are mostly cooked, add the tomato/onion mixture (with whatever butter has dripped off) back into the pan with the eggs and toss them together until all is heated through.
- Plate eggs/veggies and sprinkle with lemon juice. Serve with warm tortillas or flatbread.
NotesWhen I was in high school, I had a friend named Xan whose ex-husband was from Iran. She taught me to make this yummy and easy egg dish that she called "Persian Omelettes".
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Delightful DessertsSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More