- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWhen I was in high school, I had a friend named Xan whose ex-husband was from Iran. She taught me to make this yummy and easy egg dish that she called "Persian Omelettes".
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced into strips
- 2 medium ripe red tomatoes, quatered
- 2 tbsp butter
- lemon juice
- warm tortillas or flat bread
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Sautee onion and tomato in butter until tomatoes start to turn yellow.
- Put tomato and onion in a bowl and set aside.
- In same pan, cook scrambled eggs, stirring regularly to keep them fluffy.
- When eggs are mostly cooked, add the tomato/onion mixture (with whatever butter has dripped off) back into the pan with the eggs and toss them together until all is heated through.
- Plate eggs/veggies and sprinkle with lemon juice. Serve with warm tortillas or flatbread.