YANKEE POT ROAST
- Cooking Time: 255
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 Tbsp. PLUS 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4- lb. boneless chuck roast
- 2 Tbsp. Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Spread
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups beef broth
- Shedd's Country Crock™ Side Dishes Homestyle Mashed Potatoes
- In small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons flour, salt and pepper; rub on roast.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Spread over medium-high heat and brown roast. Remove roast and set aside.
- Into same skillet, add onion and thyme and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until tender.
- In 4-1/2-quart slow cooker, arrange roast. Add onion mixture, carrots and broth. Cook covered on LOW 8 to 10 hours or HIGH 4 to 6 hours or until roast is tender. Remove roast and vegetables to serving platter; keep warm.
- Into slow cooker, stir in 1/3 cup water blended with remaining 1/4 cup flour. Cook on HIGH 15 minutes or until thickened. Spoon gravy over roast and vegetables and serve with Shedd's Country Crock ™ Side Dishes Homestyle Mashed Potatoes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More