- Cooking Time: 255
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 Tbsp. PLUS 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4- lb. boneless chuck roast
- 2 Tbsp. Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Spread
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups beef broth
- Shedd's Country Crock™ Side Dishes Homestyle Mashed Potatoes
- In small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons flour, salt and pepper; rub on roast.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Spread over medium-high heat and brown roast. Remove roast and set aside.
- Into same skillet, add onion and thyme and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until tender.
- In 4-1/2-quart slow cooker, arrange roast. Add onion mixture, carrots and broth. Cook covered on LOW 8 to 10 hours or HIGH 4 to 6 hours or until roast is tender. Remove roast and vegetables to serving platter; keep warm.
- Into slow cooker, stir in 1/3 cup water blended with remaining 1/4 cup flour. Cook on HIGH 15 minutes or until thickened. Spoon gravy over roast and vegetables and serve with Shedd's Country Crock ™ Side Dishes Homestyle Mashed Potatoes.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Black and White Cupcakes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
Barbecued BeefSee More