- Cooking Time: 15 to 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk*
- 1 cup mashed cooked yams
- 2 Tbs. margarine or butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 400. Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In large bowl, combine flour cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; mix
- In medium bowl, combine buttermilk, yams, margarine and eggs; beat well.
- Add to dry ingredients; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pans.
- Serve warm. Makes 12 muffins.
NotesGot this in a e-mail Yam Cornmeal Muffins
The gifts most treasures are ones given from the hearth. These golden yellow, slightly sweet muffins are even better topped with Cinnamon Honey Spread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Secret of the Wings CookbookSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More