- Cooking Time: 15 to 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk*
- 1 cup mashed cooked yams
- 2 Tbs. margarine or butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 400. Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In large bowl, combine flour cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; mix
- In medium bowl, combine buttermilk, yams, margarine and eggs; beat well.
- Add to dry ingredients; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pans.
- Serve warm. Makes 12 muffins.
NotesGot this in a e-mail Yam Cornmeal Muffins
The gifts most treasures are ones given from the hearth. These golden yellow, slightly sweet muffins are even better topped with Cinnamon Honey Spread.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More