- Cooking Time: 15 to 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk*
- 1 cup mashed cooked yams
- 2 Tbs. margarine or butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 400. Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In large bowl, combine flour cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; mix
- In medium bowl, combine buttermilk, yams, margarine and eggs; beat well.
- Add to dry ingredients; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pans.
- Serve warm. Makes 12 muffins.
NotesGot this in a e-mail Yam Cornmeal Muffins
The gifts most treasures are ones given from the hearth. These golden yellow, slightly sweet muffins are even better topped with Cinnamon Honey Spread.