- Cooking Time: 15 to 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk*
- 1 cup mashed cooked yams
- 2 Tbs. margarine or butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 400. Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In large bowl, combine flour cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; mix
- In medium bowl, combine buttermilk, yams, margarine and eggs; beat well.
- Add to dry ingredients; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pans.
- Serve warm. Makes 12 muffins.
NotesGot this in a e-mail Yam Cornmeal Muffins
The gifts most treasures are ones given from the hearth. These golden yellow, slightly sweet muffins are even better topped with Cinnamon Honey Spread.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
The Naked MacaronSee More
Baked Avocado Brunch
Japanese Carrot Ginger Dressing
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage CasseroleSee More