- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 3-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add sugar, butter, milk, eggs, salt and whole wheat flour; beat until smooth.
- Add enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down; divide into thirds.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll out each portion to 1/2-in. thickness.
- Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More