- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 2 Minutes
- Baking soda
- Lemon juice
- 1. Add all ingredients according to the recipe.
- 2. Then, add in equal parts baking soda and lemon juice to equal the amount of yeast called for in the recipe.
- 3. Bake as usual.
- 1. Dough does not need rise time when made with yeast substitute.
- 2. The baking soda and lemon juice need to be added last for the reaction to work properly.
- 3. For best results, use fresh baking soda.
NotesOut of yeast or turned off by the price? Here's how to make an effective and inexpensive yeast substitute.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More