- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 2 Minutes
- Baking soda
- Lemon juice
- 1. Add all ingredients according to the recipe.
- 2. Then, add in equal parts baking soda and lemon juice to equal the amount of yeast called for in the recipe.
- 3. Bake as usual.
- 1. Dough does not need rise time when made with yeast substitute.
- 2. The baking soda and lemon juice need to be added last for the reaction to work properly.
- 3. For best results, use fresh baking soda.
NotesOut of yeast or turned off by the price? Here's how to make an effective and inexpensive yeast substitute.
The Naked Macaron
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Foodie BabySee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More