- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 2 Minutes
BackstoryOut of yeast or turned off by the price? Here's how to make an effective and inexpensive yeast substitute.
- Baking soda
- Lemon juice
- 1. Add all ingredients according to the recipe.
- 2. Then, add in equal parts baking soda and lemon juice to equal the amount of yeast called for in the recipe.
- 3. Bake as usual.
- 1. Dough does not need rise time when made with yeast substitute.
- 2. The baking soda and lemon juice need to be added last for the reaction to work properly.
- 3. For best results, use fresh baking soda.