- Cooking Time: 15-18
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar + a little extra for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 4 oz strawberry yogurt (I used Activia)
- 2 tbsp buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400〫F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat together butter and sugar until soft and fluffy. Add oil and vanilla; combine. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add yogurt and buttermilk to the dry ingredients. Stir.
- Combine the two batters in the larger bowl. Stir well.
- Pour batter evenly into a greased 12-cup muffin tin.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with sugar.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes, or until the edges of the muffins start to brown.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Eat muffins.
NotesThings fall apart; the centre cannot hold.
-William Butler Yeats
Yeats was obviously speaking about cake.
I'm not quite sure why I invented this recipe. I think that I saw some strawberry yogurt in my refrigerator and thought to myself, "I bet strawberry yogurt muffins would be delicious."
Anyway, this quote came to mind while eating said muffins. They are very cake-like and crumbly, and thus fall apart easily.