- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1 dozen
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound yellow summer squash,cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup butter,melted
- 1 egg,lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan;add squash.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat;cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and mash;stir in the butter and egg.
- In a bowl,combine the flour,sugar,baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the squash mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Notes...another one from the Soup of Life cookbook.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Olive's Deep Dish Strawberry Rhubarb Pie: Pushing Daisies
Sesame Snow PeasSee More