- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add squash. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash; stir in the butter and egg. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in the squash mixture just until moistened. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
NotesI like goose-neck squash, & this looks so good.
Taste of Home recipe