- Cooking Time: 7-8 hrs
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryPER SERVING (1/10th of recipe, about 1 cup): 163 calories, 1.5g fat, 654mg sodium, 18.5g carbs, 3g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 18.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 4*
- Two 14.5-oz. cans (about 3 1/2 cups) fat-free chicken broth
- One 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- One 14.75-oz. can cream-style corn
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper (about 1 pepper)
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1/2 onion)
- 2 tbsp. chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (about 2 peppers)
- 1/2 cup plain light soymilk
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 lb. raw boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a crock pot, combine broth, beans, corn, bell pepper, onion, chipotle peppers, soymilk, garlic, and cumin. Stir well.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper and place in the crock pot. Cover and cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours.
- Transfer chicken to a bowl. Shred with two forks -- one to hold chicken in place and the other to scrape across the meat and shred.
- Stir shredded chicken into the soup in the crock pot. Stir in potato flakes, sour cream, and cilantro. Enjoy!