- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pint blueberries (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 1/2 cups and 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 6 ounce low-fat plain yogurt
- GLAZE frosting
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 12 cup bundt pan.
- In medium size bowl, toss berries with the 1 tablespoon flour.
- In clean, medium size bowl, whisk togehter remaining 2 1/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt.
- In large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Beat in sugar and vanilla until creamy, 2 minutes. Add egg whites; beat until smooth, 1 minute. On low speed, beat in flour in 2 additions alternately with yogurt. Fold in berries. Pour into prepared pan, spreading evenly; tap pan lightly on counter to release air bubbles.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until toothpick inserted in top comnes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Let cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Turn cake out onto rack; let cool completely.
- GLAZE: In small bowl, stir together sugar and juice. Add water as needed for good drizle consistency. Pour over cake. Let stand until set, 10 minutes. Fill center with blueberries, if desired. Cut into 16 slices to serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More