- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 oz. Canadian-style bacon
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 oz Swiss cheese, lowfat
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 3/4 cup onion
- 1-9" frozen pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350F. Using tines of fork, prick pastry shell in several places; line shell with foil and bake for minutes. Remove foil and bake until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes longer (if shell has not been frozen, bake for 5 to 8 minutes); remove crust from oven and reduce temperature to 350.
- To Prepare Quiche: In small nonstick skillet heat margarine until bubbly and hot; add onions and bacon and saute until onions are translucent.
- In medium bowl combine eggs and yogurt; stir in onion mixture and remaining ingredients for filling.
- Pour into baked crust; bake until set, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
NotesMy Mom and I use to make this often when we first heard about Weight Watchers and would try some of their recipes. This is an old recipe, I've had to change it a little to make it point friendly.
Jesuit Tampa - Between Practice and Homework
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!See More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More