- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 quart plain yogurt
- EITHER Regular or Low Fat
- Line a large strainer or colander with 6 layers of cheesecloth.
- Place the strainer or colander over a bowl.
- Place the yogurt on the cheesecloth.
- Draw edges of cheesecloth together, twist loosely and secure with string.
- Put in fridge and let drain overnight.
- After 8-10 hours, take the cheese cloth and twist lightly to shape the cheese into a ball or ovoid shape. Empty the whey into a lidded container for later use.
- Let the cheese stand another 4-8 hours in the colander.
- HOW LONG DOES THIS TAKE? - 1 hour with no drips and your yogurt cheese is ready to use....Or add more flavor...
- You can flavor the yogurt cheese with chunked or minced fresh fruit, minced herbs, finely minced veggies, roasted garlic.....use your imagination.
NotesUse the whey in place of Buttermilk in any recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More