- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryUse the whey in place of Buttermilk in any recipe
- 1 quart plain yogurt
- EITHER Regular or Low Fat
- Line a large strainer or colander with 6 layers of cheesecloth.
- Place the strainer or colander over a bowl.
- Place the yogurt on the cheesecloth.
- Draw edges of cheesecloth together, twist loosely and secure with string.
- Put in fridge and let drain overnight.
- After 8-10 hours, take the cheese cloth and twist lightly to shape the cheese into a ball or ovoid shape. Empty the whey into a lidded container for later use.
- Let the cheese stand another 4-8 hours in the colander.
- HOW LONG DOES THIS TAKE? - 1 hour with no drips and your yogurt cheese is ready to use....Or add more flavor...
- You can flavor the yogurt cheese with chunked or minced fresh fruit, minced herbs, finely minced veggies, roasted garlic.....use your imagination.