- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Yogurt sauce:
- 2 cups plain whole-milk yogurt
- 4 garlic cloves, mashed to a paste with 1 teaspoon salt
- Butter sauce:
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup)unsalted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon fine quality sweet paprika
- Coarse Kosher salt to taste
- 4 dashes hot red pepper sauce, or more to taste
- Chiffonade of fresh mint leaves for garnish
- To make the yogurt sauce:
- Drain the yogurt at room temperature through a very fine mesh strainer over a bowl for 30 minutes and discard the whey.
- Stir together the yogurt and garlic in a bowl and let stand at warm room temperature until ready to use.
- To make the butter sauce:
- In a small skillet over medium heat cook the butter until it is a very light brown, remove the skillet from the heat, and stir in the paprika, coarse salt to taste, and the hot red pepper sauce.
- In a large kettle of boiling salted water cook the manti, in batches, stirring to keep them from sticking together, about 7 minutes, or until the pressed together edges are al dente (they will the longes to cook).
- Remove them when done with a long-handled sieve or a large slotted sppon and keep warm with a little of the warm cooking liquid.
- Serve the manti HOT in individual bowls, spoon some of the yogurt sauce, then drizzle some butter sauce and garnish with mint leaves.
- Pass the remaining yogurt sauce at the table.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More