- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Splenda or sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh fruit
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 Tbls. almond oil
- 2 Tbls. maple agave syrup blend
- Toss quinoa, almond oil, and syrup to coat.
- Spread into a thin layer on a cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until quinoa begins to brown.
- Cool completely.
- Mix yogurt with sugar or splenda and vanilla.
- Spoon into a glass, top with fruit, almonds, and 2 Tbls. of quinoa crunch.
- Store remaining quinoa in an airtight container.
NotesI eat fruit with yogurt for breakfast often, so I am always looking for ways to change it up. I read a quinoa crunch recipe in the newest Body and Soul magazine, but didn't have all of the ingredients, so I came up with this version. It was a delicious twist!
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Adventures in Cooking
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More