- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12+
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium-large very ripe bananas (1 cup mashed)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup Strawberries
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heath toffee bits for decoration.
- Heat the oven to 325 and line the cupcake pan with baking cups.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter using an electric mixer.
- Gradually add the sugar, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Next, add the vanilla extract and blend briefly. Set both bowls aside.
- Peel the bananas and place them in a separate bowl.
- Mash them with a fork or a potato masher and measure out 1 cup.
- Add the sour cream and stir to blend.
- Add the berries to the mix.
- Set the bowl aside
- Using a wooden spoon, blend a third of the dry mixture into the butter-sugar mixture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in this order, stirring well after each addition: half of the fruit mixture, half of the remaining dry mixture, the rest of the fruit mixture, the rest of the dry mixture.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it cool for about 20 minutes.
- Once they are completely cool, ice them and sprinkle the heath bits.
NotesI made this for my family this past July 4th
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Gluten-Free and Delicious
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More