- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large sesame seed buns
- 2 small of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 portabello mushrooms, sliced into halves horizontally
- 1 large red pepper, cut in fourths vertically
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tablespoon dried or 4 tablespoon fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Chives or green onion tops
- alfalfa sprouts, onions, tomatoes, pickle
- Combine cheese, oil, basil, chives and vinegar in a blender. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Grill the mushrooms about 3 minutes per side or until tender.
- Grill peppers (do not peel) until tender, about 5 minutes per side. Skin will be wrinkled and lightly brown. you may peel off skin after cooked.
- Slightly toast the buns on the grill and spread the mozzarella mixture evenly on the bottom of each bun. Cover with mushroom slice and red pepper.
NotesThis reminds me of the sandwich served at the Awannee Hotel in Yosemite valley. Awesome hotel if you ever get to go. its a must see
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Pizzoccheri Alla Valtellinesi
Summer Focaccia Basil SaladSee More