- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-(10oz.) pkgs. Frozen leaf spinach
- (or 2-12oz.bunches fresh spinach)
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 small onion
- 3 Tbs. Flour
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. MSG (optional)
- Thaw spinach and squeeze dry. Grind bacon and onion very fine in food processor; place in saucepan.
- Saute bacon and onion until bacon is cooked. Stir in flour to make a smooth paste. Gradually add milk, bring to a boil; simmer 10 minutes over low heat until thickened. Add salt, pepper, and MSG. Grind spinach fine in food processor or chop very small and add to cream sauce. Heat through.
NotesThis is not your average spinach dish, it is a cut above. We all love this so much around our house I always make a double batch.
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Fueling a FirehouseSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More