- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is not your average spinach dish, it is a cut above. We all love this so much around our house I always make a double batch.
- 2-(10oz.) pkgs. Frozen leaf spinach
- (or 2-12oz.bunches fresh spinach)
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 small onion
- 3 Tbs. Flour
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. MSG (optional)
- Thaw spinach and squeeze dry. Grind bacon and onion very fine in food processor; place in saucepan.
- Saute bacon and onion until bacon is cooked. Stir in flour to make a smooth paste. Gradually add milk, bring to a boil; simmer 10 minutes over low heat until thickened. Add salt, pepper, and MSG. Grind spinach fine in food processor or chop very small and add to cream sauce. Heat through.