- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-(10oz.) pkgs. Frozen leaf spinach
- (or 2-12oz.bunches fresh spinach)
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 small onion
- 3 Tbs. Flour
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. MSG (optional)
- Thaw spinach and squeeze dry. Grind bacon and onion very fine in food processor; place in saucepan.
- Saute bacon and onion until bacon is cooked. Stir in flour to make a smooth paste. Gradually add milk, bring to a boil; simmer 10 minutes over low heat until thickened. Add salt, pepper, and MSG. Grind spinach fine in food processor or chop very small and add to cream sauce. Heat through.
NotesThis is not your average spinach dish, it is a cut above. We all love this so much around our house I always make a double batch.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Nick's PicksSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More