- Cooking Time: 55-60 minutes
- Servings: 1 loaf or 12 slices
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large orange
- 2 1/2 cps all -purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Tbsp Butter or Margarine melted
- 2 cups of cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cups of walnuts , chopped (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven 375 F. Grease 9" by 5" meatloaf pan.From orange, grate 1 tsp peel and squeeze 1/2 cup of juice.
- 2. In large bowl, stir together flour,sugar,baking powder,baking soda and salt. In small bowl,with whisk or a fork, beat eggs,melted butter and orange juice and peel. Add egg mixture to flour;with spoon,stir until batter is just mixed (batter will be stiff). Fold cranberries and walnuts,if you like.
- 3. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake 55 to 60 minutes,until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool loaf pan on wired rack 10 minutes,remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
NotesThere's not much to tell,except when i use to work in the Target bakery they use to bake these fabulously large orange cranberry muffins and i fell in love with the flavor so I thought this could be equally as good.