- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large or 12 small garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 large onion chopped medium
- 2 large cans crushed tomatoes (I use San Marzano, but anything will do)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 15-20 basil leaves, julienned (1/2 teaspoon dry will do in a pinch)
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Saute' until soft. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes. If serving with meatballs, add during the last 15 minutes to simmer in the sauce. When ready to serve, turn off the heat and add the basil.
- It is really good to cook your noodles al dente then add to the sauce for the last 3-4 minutes of cooking. You can't do this if the meatballs are in the sauce.
NotesThis a sauce recipe I have used for a long time. It looks like alot of garlic and onion, but it is really good. Good over any type of noodles and really good with meatballs (recipe to follow). It tastes like the sauce at A good resturant.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The NourishFull Kitchen
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More