YUMMY SPAGETTI SAUCE
Yummy Spagetti Sauce
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large or 12 small garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 large onion chopped medium
- 2 large cans crushed tomatoes (I use San Marzano, but anything will do)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 15-20 basil leaves, julienned (1/2 teaspoon dry will do in a pinch)
Heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Saute' until soft. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes. If serving with meatballs, add during the last 15 minutes to simmer in the sauce. When ready to serve, turn off the heat and add the basil.
It is really good to cook your noodles al dente then add to the sauce for the last 3-4 minutes of cooking. You can't do this if the meatballs are in the sauce.