- Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
BackstoryI was down to almost nothing left in the house to eat. My husband brought home some ground turkey and then I had to scrounge around for ideas. This is what I came up with---served this with Crash Hot Potatoes.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in small frying pan over medium/high heat. Add onions and saute until soft, but not brown, about five minutes. Remove from heat and place in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl, except the barbeque sauce, and blend together thoroughly.
- Shape the meat into a 9 X 5 loaf pan. Pour the barbeque sauce evenly over the top and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the meat is firm and the juices are clear.
- Allow the meatloaf to stand for 10 minutes before cutting.