- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 2 yams, with skin (raw or baked; see note)
- 2 apples
- 1/2 to 1 cup of coconut Silk
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pecans (raw or toasted)
- Chop the yams into about 8 pieces each and toss into the Vitamix.
- Quarter one apple and add to the Vitamix along with the coconut Silk and spices.
- Blend on high for 5 minutes, until soup is steaming hot and the consistency is velvety smooth.
- While the soap is blending, dice the second apple.
- To serve, pour the soup into bowls, garnish with diced apple and pecans and sprinkle with cinnamon.
NotesThis soup is one of our all-time favorites: it’s easy to make and tastes like it should be dessert instead of dinner!
Note: You can use raw or baked yams. The Vitamix can handle them raw and will make a great soup (this is how I do it!), but the consistency will be a bit smoother if you bake the potatoes first.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Cooking with SabraSee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More