- Cooking Time: 50 to 65 minutes
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 partially baked whole wheat pie shell [see separate recipe]
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 C butter
- 3/4 C firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 C molasses
- 1-1/2 to 3 C broken walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla or rum
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Partially bake a whole wheat pie shell, 5 to 7 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Allow pie shell to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in molasses, nuts, flavoring and salt.
- When well-mixed, fill pie shell.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes, or at 350 degrees for about 45-50 minutes.
- Pie is done when a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Can be served immediately or when cool.
NotesMore nutty and less sweet than typical pecan pie.
Makes One 9” pie.
An 8” or 10” pie can be made by changing the amount of nuts.
Works well with Yvette's whole wheat pie crust [see separate recipe].
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More